Thursday, April 23, 2009

Apr. 23. 09

I'm exhausted.


There were concerts two nights in a row, and non-stop rehearsals this whole week. Blargghhh. I'm so glad it's over. My feet are still sore from those atrocious shoes I had no choice but to wear. I should really get some formal flats.

Anyway, other than that, today was just fine. No emo complaints from me...yet. This weekend is going to be beautiful, maybe I can start my run routine again. Tomorrow's high is like, 22°C, I'm so excited~ Going to be spending a lot of time outside of class as well! :D This week has been going by ever so slowly, but the workload was so light and class has been so easy. Not to mention other events that made this week a little brighter.

Also, I'm going to go on a high school rant now. My mom as you probably know forced me to apply to a catholic high school with a good repuatation. Well, I did it, expecting for there to be an interview and hoping I could express my atheism to encourage them to turn me down. Sadly, the interviewing process was eliminated and I got accepted based on my grades. My parents were so excited. I was mortified. High school will be one of the most stressful times of my life, and my dear loving parents want to top it off by sending me to a school flooded with Catholics? Good god. No pun intended. The only reason is because they think that the school's school bussing system will provide free transportation. Get. Fucking. Real. Those busses only go down to Stouffville. I mean, Catholics and Christians can be cool, as can atheists, Jews, Muslims (I have close friends of all major religious background), but they don't try to preach me about their beliefs. I mean, this school is going to take one period, out of four (excluding lunch, pshaw), of everyday for at least one semester of every year and just make me learn things I never believe happened! I'd be wasting twenty percent of my high school time being preached. I can use these 70 minutes for so much more. Sure, it has that slim chance of converting me, but if not, what will this knowledge of the bible do for me in life? Make me understand the opposite side more when engaging in religious debates? Get real. I can be using this period to take an extra science or math. Or maybe an advanced English class, but religion? Seriously? What's my resume gonna look like?

Fantastic. Offense not intended. Srsly.


But yeah, I didn't actually mind very much until I found out my boyfriend was going to the public school. blerrgh. *stupid* But yeah, the more I think about it, the better it is to go to BOSS. Sure it might not be very new and has some huge douchebags in it, but according to the new Secondary School rankings, BOSS is 14/718 (throughout Ontario). For a 2 year old school, that's pretty amazing. An overall ranking of 9.2/10? Yeahh. Brother Andre actually placed way lower than I would've expected, I shit you not, 161/718. They wanted me to go to this school, which costs like, 200 bucks to be in, not including the orientation trip and uniform. The other option was Markville SS, 71, not bad, although I still don't understand why someone would want to go there over the more practical option. PET, the AP-offering French emersion school ranked like, 5th, which is pretty amazing, but considering the trouble the one guy in the school went through to get into it..blah. And I totally would have applied for the Arts York program at Unionville High (6th) if I had thought that bussing was an option at the time. *stupid*

I'm still going to BOSS, though.
Anyway, I'm excited for high school. x3 And I'm getting sick of my banner.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That was hilarious seriously. But it's sad to hear that you got accepted D:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com